If you choose to use this website, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. The Personal Information that we collect are used for registering to the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub course platform and are submitted through the website’s registration page.
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Statement.
What data do we collect?
We are collecting the following data:
Users that register to the website are requested to provide the following data:
- Name, Surname (mandatory)
- Email address (mandatory)
- Organisation name, type and position (optional)
- Country (mandatory)
- City (optional)
- Language of preference (mandatory)
How do we collect it?
You directly provide EPAH with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data your data when you:
- Register online on the website (https://elearning.energypoverty.eu/login/signup.php)
- Voluntarily send us an email at email@example.com.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We will use will use the data provided when you register on the website in accordance with the principles of confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity adopted. The data can be shared with third parties that will manage it for the fulfillment of the purpose of the mandate of the EPAH online course (evaluation of participation in the online course).
How do we store your data?
EPAH securely stores your data on servers in Germany. Your personal identification data will be stored there for as long as you are registered to the Energy Poverty Advisory Hub course platform.
What are your rights?
- Request to access the personal data we have collected on you;
- Request a rectification of your personal data or make the correction yourself in your profile;
- Request, under certain conditions, the erasure of your personal data;
- Request, under certain conditions, the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- Withdraw your consent at any time.
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation under the provisions of Article 23 of the Regulation 2018/1725.
You also have the right not to be subject to automated decisions (made solely by machines) affecting you, as defined by law.
If you would like to erase your data from the current website, you can email to The EPAH team firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us:
What are cookies?
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
How do we use them?
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
EPAH is using a range of cookies to improve the user experience on our website, including:
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use the website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different cookies both functionality and tracking cookies. With the help of those, we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences such as language and location.
List of Cookies
- Session-Cookie with the name 'PHPSESSID', which expires, when you close the session or the browser-tab
Our website uses functions of the web analysis tool Matomo (formerly Piwik) . This tool is set up directly on the akaryon server, no data is transferred to third parties. Cookies are used for this purpose, which enable an analysis of the use of the website by your users.
You can prevent this by setting up your browser so that no cookies are saved.
Our concern within the meaning of the GDPR (legitimate interest) is the improvement of our offer and our website. Since the privacy of our users is important to us, user data is pseudonymised.
User data is kept for a period of six months.
You can prevent your visit from being tracked by clicking here.